I finished the journal page I started yesterday. I also worked on the drafts of some blog posts that are not part of the the 365 Project.
I finally finished this months cards! Yay! This is a much bigger process than I first imagined, but I’m enjoying it. I may put some Mod Podge on top tomorrow just to secure the pasted parts. I’m really liking the daily Journaling.
I also attempted homemade Chicken Pesto Pasta. It was pretty good, although it could have used some more salt and olive oil. I combined the following:
1 package of Basil (from Trader Joes)
2 cloves of garlic
Juice of half a lemon
Lots of Olive Oil ( I’m thinking about a cup next time. Mine was a little too dry.)
1. Put it all in a food processor. I used my little mini chopper and it worked fine.
2. In pan cook chicken through with cover, then brown. Add the fresh pesto to heat.
3. I prepared Trader Joe’s Quinoa and Brown Rice Fusilli
4. Mix together and chow down!
Ta da! Easy and delicious dinner.
I also made was focaccia from Pamela’s GF Bread Mix. The recipe is on their site. It wasn’t quite what I was hoping for as it was very doughy, but it was bread!
Creative Practice: GF/DF Pumpkin Pie & more cutting and pasting. This is taking way longer than I expected. Getting close to being done though. Then I’ll start February’s card.
Creative Practice: Putting together Index Card Journal
Still working on getting January together and done. By the time I complete these, it will be time to do February’s Cards!
I changed my mind again, but I think I have it now. I’m streamlining this. For the one sentence journal side, I am choosing one color of paint for the month and doing them assembly line style. I will then add some coordinating paper accents and paste on the month, day, and years. This is the assembly line for January. Then I get to the fun part of filling them in.
Creative Practice: cutting and pasting my art journal years , days, and months
I decided I wanted my One Sentence Five Year Index Card Journal to have a little more detail. I also realized that while I have letter stamps, I don’t have much in the way of numbers. I went to the computer and began playing with fun fonts for the years. I have January printed and I have started cutting and pasting to my index cards.
Creative Practice: Started a sentence a day, five year art journal.
I had an art project planned for this weekend, but tonight, while on Pinterest, I ran across an idea I’ve wanted to do for years. A One Sentence, Five Year Journal. I have always remembered this project in the middle of the year, and my delicate sensibilities will not let me start mid-year. It would quite simply drive me up a wall! Well, I ran across it this evening. Lo and behold, it’s only January! So even though a majority of the month is past, I started it this evening! Look at those fun stamps. I had heard Michael’s had these alphabets in their bargain bins, but I was looking up front and never found them. My lovely momma found them for me for Christmas. So now here is the first project I will use them for! Needless to say, I believe my planned project is going to be pushed out a bit!
On one side I will put five years, and write one sentence for each day (at least that’s the plan). The other side will be blank, so over the next five years I will have 365 mini canvases to fill in. I’m rather excited about this. If I can keep up with it, it will be awesome to look at it in five years and see how I have grown. I love this alternative art journal format.
After the glue from yesterday dried, it was clear , which means the black paper shows through. I used the art chalk. I was definitely disappointed and surprised at the same time. My inspiration photo was a white tiger. There is no white in this art chalk set, which I find very disappointing. The colors are very bright, but not necessarily naturalistic. It definitely has a ver different feel than pastels. In the end they did work for this project. I think my students will like this project. The only thing I still want to try is using oil pastel in place of the chalk . I think I will give those 5th graders the option of choosing between the oil pastel and chalk. Unless I try the oils and hate them. More experiments to come.
This is the other technique I eluded to. For this one you use black paper and white glue. (Although, you probably figured that out from the photo.) I did my drawing in pencil. For this one I just did the rough drawing/outline. I did the spots with the glue bottle. This will dry clear, and I will go in with pastels. Well, actually in this case art chalk. We’ll see how this goes. I was really disappointed to see that we didn’t have real pastels.